17 March, 2010

Skin Shedding

"No one ever forgives us for changing. They want us to be constant as the wind and always wear the same colours but we’re not meant to be that way. We’re supposed to be a little different each morning when we wake up... [to] become someone else wearing the same eyes. It’s a little uncomfortable, like a snake shedding skins. They never forgive [us] for changing but [we should] do it with passion because you need to die a little bit now and then to feel alive." (Princess Skye from "The Lost Princess")

I think this is such a beautiful description about change and I fell in love with it the moment I read it. Lately I've done a lot of 'skin shedding' and feel like an entirely new person from who I was a year ago, months ago, weeks ago, even days ago.

Though with each part of me that dies, something more wonderful is born.

Painting: "A Bouquet of Peonies and Tulips" by Comtesse D`Aubigny D`Afoy

7 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Bonjour Camille!

What a lovely surprise to find your comment on my post this morning! You have a sparkle of a blog here my dear! Your photos are stunning and I love the one looking down the rabbit hole!

You are welcome anytime to come over for some whimsy and inspiration. Faites comme chez vous....

Anita

Princess Camille said...

Oh thank you for your sweet comments! They made me so happy! I hope I can provide as much enchantment as I've discovered through your blog. I will continue to drop by every time you post! <3

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

That's an exciting concept and is a good one to embrace in times when you are seeking renewal. Good luck with all you become and you are welcome anytime in my faerytalespace to revive and relax. You are the creator of your own faerytale ending...
Blessings and thanks dear.

Princess Camille said...

Oh, what a beautiful comment! I love the idea that I'm the heroine of my own fairy tale, and that I control my fairy tale ending. How lovely! I look forward to returning to your fairytale space soon! <3

Mademoiselle N.D. said...

I agree! So many people are frightened of change, but it really doesn't have to be so scary. There are gifts within change wrapped in shiny paper and ribbon that we can discover if only we look closely enough. :)

Anonymous said...

How very true. I have changed a lot recently, but I believe that all change is for the better.

Coco x

P.S. Your lovely comments on my blog made my day, so thank you for that! :)

Princess Camille said...

Such lovely comments! Thank you, everyone! <3